Latest

Coronavirus

Sports

Getting to Know Mrs. Gold

Sunday, November 29, 2020


By Sarah Friedman-

    I had the privilege of interviewing Mrs. Gold, a new member of Ida Crown staff. Here is a glimpse of our conversation:

What is your job/position at school and how did you decide on this position? I am the Mechanechet for 9th and 11th grade and I also run the programming for ICGC as well as the ICGC board. I heard about this position in the summer and I knew it would be something I would love to do! What compelled you to work at Ida Crown? What is your favorite part about the academy? What are you most excited for? I actually went to Ida Crown (graduated in 2005!) and since then, I've really always wanted to come back to teach here! I had a really wonderful experience at Ida Crown and feel that my time here in high school played a large role in shaping who I am today. It was many of my teachers during high school who inspired me to ultimately become a teacher (and many of those teachers are still at Ida Crown currently!). My favorite part of ICJA is seeing how much the teachers care about the students and really love what they are teaching. I am most excited to get to meet all of the students and get to know everyone! What was your job before the academy? I taught 5th-8th grade at Akiba Schechter for eight years, and I currently also work for NCSY as the Educational Director for Jewish Family Experience Hebrew School. What are two fun facts about you? Is there anything the students/staff at Ida Crown should know about you? I have five children (two girls and three boys) who I am spending time with when I am not at school or working. My husband is Rabbi Yoni Gold, who teaches at Hillel Torah and taught many of the current Ida Crown students!
How will you expand and grow ICGC? (Are there any surprise plans that you can share for the paper)? I am looking forward to working with the ICGC board to plan fun and exciting events for the Ida Crown girls! I am hoping that ICGC can continue to grow into something that provides programming that everyone enjoys as well as opportunities for growth and learning. The ICGC board specifically will be working on leadership skills and qualities that we can work on over the course of the year. We are excited about our Kickoff Event (rescheduled) outdoor Zumba with Mrs. Gelman on Motzei Shabbat, Oct 17th! Lastly, what is one idea or lesson that you would like to share with the students about your high school experience. I would say to really make sure to reach out to the teachers you feel a connection with and look for more opportunities to learn with them! I had many teachers who were available to learn with students outside of class and that was something that I really appreciated and enjoyed! Also, the friends that I made at Ida Crown are still some of my closest friends today! Cherish your high school friendships and make the most of the time you have together!



No comments

Post a Comment

Don't Miss